Many business owners often question why the look and feel of an ecommerce website design is so important?
A professional ecommerce design is one of the most critical elements to your online success when you are looking to sell a product or service on the Internet. Simply stated, you will never make a sale if a customer is not impressed with they visit your ecommerce site.
The look of your ecommerce website should do more than just sell a product. It should subliminally wow your customers, be well-organized and one of the most important factors is that it should be easy to navigate.
Whether you’re starting a brand new eCommerce website for your new start-up business, or if you are looking for an eCommerce redesign because your existing ecommerce design is not performing or ranking well in the search engines, Search Engine Optimization in Atlanta”s goal is to provide your company with the the best looking and performing professional e-Commerce web design solutions at a price that meets your budget.
eCommerce Design & eCommerce Web Design Strategies
When considering an e-commerce project you should always consider your Search Engine Optimization and Competition tactics before you begin your project. If you do not adopt this strategy you may end up with an e-commerce design that no one ever sees because it does not rank well. Surprisingly this is very common in projects where an SEO expert is not involved and the SEO efforts are simply and afterthought or even worse “Globally Applied SEO settings” are used which basically tell the search engine using meta tags that your ecommerce site is page after page of duplicate content.
Best eCommerce Design Practices
There are a few factors that dictate good good eCommerce Design that you should keep in mind:
1. Keep it simple – you are creating the site to “Sell” not show off fancy graphics
2. Don’t skimp on the product pictures – a picture is worth a thousand words
3. Use more than one image for a product if possible
4. Provide good and Unique Details about the product you are selling
5. Make sure that the shopping cart is easy and does not request UN-needed information
6. Be sure that your search tool works so that customers can easily search for products
7. Ensure that your shipping and tax is reasonable – this really turns off customers
8. Provide real contact details and for God’s sake – return calls…
9. Eliminate anything on your site that a customer identifies as confusing
10. Offer a newsletter that your customers can sign up for so that you can let them know about new products
11. If possible give your customers the ability to sort products by price if possible
12. SEO Tip – Make your URL’s Search Engine Friendly
13. Make sure that your site has a Sitemap
14. Give as many payment options as possible
15. Offer product comparisons where feasible
16. Conversion Tip – Keep your checkout and shipping forms simple
17. Recommend similar products when possible
I am sure that we have missed a few items but these are the most common mistakes that are made when trying to “Save Money” by cutting costs. eCommerce Design projects simply take time to do correctly. We will talk a little about budgeting for eCommerce Design projects below.
eCommerce Design Inspiration
e-Commerce websites that sell products can be one of the more challenging types of websites for designers to develop. There is a lot that needs to be considered and some of these tips overlapthe tips above:
1. Keep your navigation simple and intuitative
2. Make sure that the design does not overpower the product which is the focus of an “e-commerce” site
3. Keep the checkout process simple and in a “Standard Format” that is familiar to consumers
4. Weave your brand throughout your design
5. Ensure that your design style and coloring matches your product line
6. Showcase your most popular products when you can
7. Promote related products were viable
8. Make sure that your product images are top quality – people are visual creatures heavily tied to color
9. Effective site wide search functionality
eCommerce Site Design Budget
Every web site is different, which makes it (in many cases) impossible to give a flat price for any particular e-commerce site. To complicate matters many companies offer multiple pricing options which can include an Hourly, Project, Package or Per Page Rate.
With over 20 years of successful Information Technology (IT) and Operations Management, Systems Integration, Program Management, Systems and Business Process Outsourcing experience with leading organizations in the United States and abroad Chris Manning is ready to play a Key Role in helping your company to succeed and flourish on the Internet.
SEO Services are one of the most sought after skill sets today due to the competitiveness of the Internet as the worlds primary marketing medium. As an SEO Expert Mr. Manning has been utilizing the tools which are necessary to compete on the Internet both locally and nationally for the past seven plus years.
When you choose your next IT/SEO provider be sure to choose one that is able to create and implement the technology vision that you have for your organization.